US Court Rules Transman CAN Sue Hospital That Cancelled HIS Hysterectomy After Confusion

Keeping in line with Californian ultra left ideals and supporting self destructive decisions, the appeals court has given the green light to a lawsuit filed by a transgender man who claims staff at a Catholic hospital violated his rights by refusing to perform a medical procedure usually associated with women when he told them he was a man.

Transman Causes Confusion with Hysterectomy
Mr Evan Minton asserts that his plans were thrown into chaos when Mercy San Juan Medical Center canceled his hysterectomy after he informed them he was a man.

On August 30, 2016, Evan Minton was scheduled to have his hysterectomy at the Mercy San Juan Medical Center in Carmichael, around ten miles from Sacramento. Mercy is a Catholic hospital, but quite close to Minton’s home in Fair Oaks and covered under his insurance. Minton’s doctor, Lindsey Dawson, had performed numerous hysterectomies on women there but never a man.

Just two days before the procedure, a nurse called to discuss the surgery and Minton mentioned he was a man. The next day, the hospital canceled the procedure because they incorrectly assumed his gender as male and therefore unable to have a hysterectomy.

Mercy’s president, Brian Ivie, reportedly told Dawson she would “never” be allowed to perform a hysterectomy on Minton because “he was scheduled as part of a course of treatment for gender dysphoria, as opposed to any other medical diagnosis.”

In 2017 the ACLU filed a suit on Minton’s behalf against the hospital’s corporate entity, stating that denying treatment because of a patient’s gender qualified as sex discrimination under California’s Civil Rights Act, which guarantees “full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments.”

Dignity Health Corp maintains the hospital’s freedom to assert logic and religious affiliation supersedes Minton’s right to confuse himself out of an operation. Initially, a San Francisco Superior Court granted its petition to dismiss the suit. However, last week, a court granted Minton’s appeal, sending the case back to court.

Ruling on Tuesday, Justice Stuart Pollak decided that “regardless of religion it is justified by California’s compelling interest in ensuring full and equal access to medical treatment for all its residents,”

Minton, 35, told Channel 3 the ruling informed Dignity Health “they have to treat all people with dignity and care. That means the world to a young man like me.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.